Wednesday 29 April 2009

plait attack

my very talented, very artistic mother is shit at doing hair. in primary school i had all these grandiose ambitions involving coils of plaits and cascades of ringlets but all i got was a sad ageing rocker meets Jeremy Kyle guest lanky pony tail. well i am reliving my wasted hair youth by embracing the plait. specifically an across the head scruffy braid. makes me think i should be skipping across a meadow, in a long white dress, virginal and sexy all at once.
Point of reference this Narciso Rodriguez ad:
i cant remember who this picture is by but i snapped it in the louvre as plait inspiration....
so my very talented personal hair stylist lisa bonnici (picture editor by day, hair stylist by 6pm), has been plaiting my hair on request for the last few months. here she is admiring her work....
here it is again (but basically this is just an excuse to put this pic up as i kind of love it, bonnici is multi talented - we were on Primrose Hill celebrating Fletch's birthday)....
Lisa upped her game and created a very intricate plait on Friday, will try to find a pic. Rein me in if it ever turns into cornrows though.

No comments:

Post a Comment